TED演讲:内向性格的力量(11)
时间:2018-11-11 00:41:33
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
And that's a lot harder for me, because as honored as I am to be here with all of you right now, this is not my natural milieu1. 这不是我拿手的事情,但能站在这里向你们说话,能对在坐的各为传达我的想法,是何等荣耀的事情。
So I prepared for moments like these as best I could. 所以我尽我所能,为了这一天做好准备。
I spent the last year practicing public speaking every chance I could get. 我花了一整年的时间,积极练习公开演讲。
And I call this my "year of speaking dangerously." 我称这段时间为“惊险的演讲之年”。
And that actually helped a lot. 这其实对我帮助很大。
But I'll tell you, what helps even more is my sense, my belief, my hope 但让我获益最多的,是我的意识,我的信念,我的希望,
I mean, we are. And so I am going to leave you now with three calls for action for those who share this vision. 所以,我要呼吁在座各位,如果你跟我有共鸣,请帮我传达三个宗旨:
Number one: Stop the madness for constant group work. Just stop it. Thank you. 第一点,不要再疯狂的过群体生活。赶紧停止吧。谢谢。
And I want to be clear about what I'm saying, because I deeply believe our offices should be encouraging casual, chatty cafe-style types of interactions 我想要再次重申,因为我深深相信,我们的工作环境应该鼓励轻松、休闲的聊天方式
you know, the kind where people come together and
serendipitously6 have an exchange of ideas. 像在喝下午茶一样自在,然后不经意地交换意见。
But we need much more privacy and much more freedom and much more autonomy at work. School, same thing. 而且我们在工作上,需要有更多的隐私,自由与自主权。在学校也是一样。
We need to be teaching kids to work together, for sure, but we also need to be teaching them how to work on their own. 我们要教孩子们携手合作,但我们也要教他们如何自主作业。
This is especially important for
extroverted9 children too. 这对外向的儿童尤其重要。
They need to work on their own because that is where deep thought comes from in part. 他们需要学习自主独立,因为有深度的见解就是源自于此。
分享到: