TED演讲:医生们会犯错误(7)
时间:2018-11-19 01:50:07
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
And it wasn't because of my attending; he was a doll. 而这也不是因为我的主治;他人非常好。
He talked to the family, and I'm quite sure that he smoothed things over and made sure that I didn't get
sued1. 他和那家人好好的谈过。我确定他为了确保我没有被控告而替我打了圆场。
And I kept asking myself these questions. Why didn't I ask my attending? 但我仍然不断问我自己这些问题:为什么当时我没有联系我的主治?
Why did I send her home? And then at my worst moments: Why did I make such a stupid mistake? 为什么我当时会让她回家? 更加沮丧时,我会问: 我为什么会犯下如此愚蠢的错误?
Why did I go into medicine? Slowly but
surely2, it lifted. 为什么我会选择进入医学界?慢慢的但稳定地,那糟糕的感觉开始淡化了。
I began to feel a bit better. 我开始觉得缓和了些。
And on a cloudy day, there was a
crack3 in the clouds and the sun started to come out and I wondered, maybe I could feel better again. 然后在一个阴云密布的日子里,当我看到一束阳光从云隙中探出,我觉得,或许我能再次感觉好起来。
And I made myself a bargain that if only I redouble my efforts to be perfect and never make another mistake again, please make the voices stop. 然后我和自己做了一个约定:如果我加倍努力做到完美,不再犯错,请就此让那自责的声音消去。
And they did. And I went back to work. And then it happened again. 那个声音的确停止了。我回到了工作岗位。但错误又发生了。
Two years later I was an attending in the emergency department at a community hospital just north of Toronto, 两年后,当我在一家多伦多北部一间社区医院的急症室做主治医生时,
and I saw a 25 year-old man with a sore throat. 我看了一位喉咙酸痛的25岁的男人。
It was busy, I was in a bit of a hurry. He kept pointing here. 当时诊所很忙,所以我也有些急。他不停的指着这里。
I looked at his throat, it was a little bit pink. 我看了看,他的喉咙有些红肿。
And even as he was walking out the door, he was still sort of pointing to his throat. 即便当他走出诊所的大门的时候,他似乎还在指着他的喉咙。
分享到: