TED演讲:用"云"建立一所学校(4)
时间:2018-11-23 05:04:50
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
The children came running in. It was three feet off the ground, and they said, "What is this?" 孩子们跑了进来。电脑离地面有3英尺,他们问:“这是什么?”
And I said, "Yeah, it's, I don't know. So..." 我说:“唔,这是……我不知道。”
They said, "Why have you put it there?" 他们问:“为什么你把它放在那儿?”
I said, "Just like that." 我说:“就那样。”
And they said, "Can we touch it?"I said, "If you wish to." 然后他们说:“我们可以摸一下吗?”我说:“如果你们愿意的话。”
And I went away. About eight hours later, we found them
browsing1 and
teaching2 each other how to
browse3. 然后我走开了。大概过了8小时以后,我发现他们在上网冲浪并相互教对方如何浏览网页。
So I said, "Well that's impossible, because -- How is it possible? They don't know anything." 于是我说:“这不可能,因为……这怎么可能?他们什么都不知道。”
My
colleagues4 said, "No, it's a simple solution. One of your students must have been passing by, showed them how to use the mouse." 我同事说:“不,答案很简单。一定是你哪个学生经过,给他们演示了如何使用鼠标。”
So I said, "Yeah, that's possible." 于是我说:“对,那有可能。”
So I repeated the experiment. 我于是重复了这个实验。
I went 300 miles out of Delhi into a really remote village where the chances of a passing software development engineer was very little. 我跑去离开德里300英里的一个偏远的村子,在这里,偶然路过一个软件开发工程师的概率极低。
I repeated the experiment there. 我就在那里重复了实验。
There was no place to stay, so I stuck my computer in, I went away, came back after a couple of months, found kids playing games on it. 那里没有地方能让我住下来,所以我装好电脑就走了,几个月之后才回来,我发现几个小孩在上面玩游戏。
分享到: