TED演讲:中美洲南部的园丁游击队员(3)
时间:2018-11-27 08:04:15
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
See, I have a legacy1 in South Central. I grew up there. I raised my sons there. 瞧,在洛杉矶我有了遗产。我在那里成长,我在那里养育我的儿子。
And I refuse to be a part of this manufactured reality that was manufactured for me by some other people, and I'm manufacturing my own reality. 我拒绝成为由别人为我打造的这种现实的一部分,我要自己创造自己的现实。
See, I'm an artist. Gardening is my graffiti. 看到了吧,我是个艺术家。园艺工作就是我的涂鸦。
I grow my art. Just like a graffiti artist, where they beautify walls, me, I beautify lawns, parkways. 我创造自己的艺术。就好像涂鸦艺术家一样,他们美化墙壁。而我,美化草坪,绿化带。
I use the garden, the soil, like it's a piece of cloth, 我把花园和土地视为画布,
and the plants and the trees, that's my embellishment for that cloth. 而植物和树木就是我在画布上的装饰。
You'd be surprised what the soil could do if you let it be your canvas. 你可能会震惊土地所能做的,如果你把它当成你的画布。
You just couldn't imagine how amazing a sunflower is and how it affects people. 你无法想象向日葵有多么的神奇,以及它将对人产生何种影响。
So what happened? I have witnessed my garden become a tool for the education, a tool for the
transformation2 of my neighborhood. 会发生什么呢?我目睹了我的花园变为了教育的工具,变为了我社区改革的工具。
To change the community, you have to change the composition of the soil. 为了改变社区,你必须改变土壤的成分。
We are the soil. You'd be surprised how kids are
affected3 by this. 我们就是土壤。你会为孩子们如何被影响而震惊。
Gardening is the most
therapeutic4 and
defiant5 act you can do, especially in the inner city. Plus you get strawberries. 园艺活动是最有益于身体健康以及挑战性十足的活动,尤其是这项活动在市中心进行。再加上你还能收获草莓。
I remember this time, there was this mother and a daughter came, it was, like, 10:30 at night, 我记得有次,一个妈妈和女儿在差不多晚上10点半的时候偷偷摸摸的出现在我的菜园,
and they were in my yard, and I came out and they looked so ashamed. 当我出来看到她们,她们显得非常难为情。
You know, so I'm like, man, it made me feel bad that they were there, 她们的出现使我感觉非常糟糕,
and I told them, you know, you don't have to do this like this. 我告诉他们,你们不用像这样来拿食物。
This is on the street for a reason. 这是菜园在街上的原因。
It made me feel ashamed to see people that were this close to me that were hungry, 当我看到我身边的人们饿着肚子时,这让我觉得非常羞愧,
and this only reinforced why I do this, and people asked me, "
Fin6, aren't you afraid people are going to steal your food?" 这加强了我做(食物森林)的决心,人们问我,“Fin,你难道不怕人们来偷你食物吗?”
And I'm like, "Hell no, I ain't afraid they're gonna steal it. 我回答说,“当然不啦,我当然不怕人们会偷它。
That's why it's on the street. That's the whole idea. 而这也是为什么它在街上的原因。这正是我想要的。
I want them to take it, but at the same time, I want them to take back their health." 我想要人们拿走它,但是同时,我也希望人们能够重归健康的身体。”
分享到: