TED演讲 获奖青少年,科技在行动(7)
时间:2018-12-25 05:38:41
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
So today I want to show you my interactive1 software model that I created. 所以今天我想向你们展示我创造的互动软件。
I'm going to show it to you on my laptop. And I have a volunteer subject in the audience today, Julie. 我将用我的笔记本电脑向大家展示,在今天的观众中,我有一个志愿者朱莉。
And all of Julie's data has been pre-entered into my interactive software model. And this can be used by anyone. 朱莉的所有数据都被事先输入,进我的交互软件模型中,这个模型可以用在任何人身上。
So I want you to imagine that you're in Julie's shoes, or someone who's really close to you who suffers from
asthma2 or another lung
disorder3. 现在我希望大家以朱莉的身份来想象,或者跟你最亲近的患有哮喘病或者其他肺部疾病的人。
So Julie's going to her doctor's office to get treated for her asthma. And the doctor has her sit down, and he takes her peak expiratory flow rate 朱莉现在去看医生去治疗她的哮喘,医生请她坐下,给她测了呼气流量率峰值。
-- which is
essentially4 her exhalation rate, or the amount of air that she can breathe out in one breath. -- 实际上是她的呼气率,或者说是她一口气所呼出的空气量。
So that peak expiratory flow rate, I've entered it up into the interactive software model. 所以说呼气流量率峰值,我把这个值输入交互软件模型中。
I've also entered in her age, her
gender5 and her height. 我也输入了她的年龄,性别和身高。
I've assumed that she lives in an average household with average air
pollutant6 levels. 我还假设她住在一个普通环境,处于普通的空气污染程度中。
So any user can come in here and click on "lung function report" and it'll take them to this report that I created. 任何用户可以用这个软件点击“肺部功能报告”,它就能告诉他们我发明的这个报告。
And this report really drives home the
crux7 of my research. 这个报告真真切切的促进了我研究中的症结。
So what it shows -- if you want to focus on that top graph in the right-hand corner 它显示出--如果你只想关注右上角的图示
-- it shows Julie's actual peak expiratory flow rate in the yellow bar. -- 它显示出朱莉的实际呼气流量率峰值就是那个黄色方块。
This is the measurement that she took in her doctor's office. 这个是她在医生那里的测量值。
In the blue bar at the bottom of the graph, it shows what her peak expiratory flow rate, 在图示下方的蓝色方块,显示了她的呼气流量率峰值,
what her exhalation rate or lung health, should be based on her age, gender and height. 她的析出率或者肺部健康,应该是根据她的年龄,性别和身高得出的。
So the doctor sees this difference between the yellow bar and the blue bar, and he says, "Wow, we need to give her steroids, medication and inhalers." 所以当医生看到黄色方块和蓝色方块的区别,他会说,“哇,我们应该给她类固醇,药品和气管喷雾。”
分享到: