TED演讲:我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识(4)
时间:2019-01-23 03:18:43
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
See, I knew nothing about being a stay-at-home parent, and once I embraced1 the fact that I knew nothing, 所以说,我对做全职育儿一无所知,而一旦我接受了,一无所知这个事实,
I began to learn from my new managers. 我开始从新的领导那里学习。
And I always was told that as a stay-at-home parent, you get no sleep. 我总是被告知做一个全职奶爸,你连觉都没得睡。
Or as a parent in general, you get no sleep. 就算一般的父母,你也不能睡个好觉。
But that's not true, because if you sleep when they do, you actually can get some sleep. 但并不是那样,因为你可以在他们睡着时候睡觉,所以你实际上还是能睡会的。
You know what else I thought as a stay-at-home parent? 你们知道还有什么全职奶爸的体会吗?
I though I knew that the best way to teach kids right from wrong was to
discipline2 them, 我本以为教他们是非对错的最佳方式是给他们定规矩,
because that would make sure they understood right from wrong, the pain, the fear -- that would teach them. 因为规矩可以让他们理解对错,知道疼了就会害怕--下次就老实了。
But the truth is, the best way to teach my children right from wrong is to teach them. 但真相是,教他们对错最好的办法是去引导他们。
Take out a whiteboard and draw pictures and make connections that they can understand. 拿出小白板画一些图并且做连线游戏这样他们就明白了。
That was the best way. A lot of these images you're seeing are coming from my YouTube channel, "Beleaf in Fatherhood." 这是最好的方式。你们刚才看到很多场景来自我的YouTube频道,“父亲之信仰”。
I document the misadventures of being a stay-at-home dad. 我记录下做一个全职奶爸的遭遇。
And it's not perfect, it's just showing that I'm trying. 一点也不完美,只是说明我在努力尝试。
And I'm not trying to be an example but just
proof3 that it's possible for
whoever4 else is doing this. 我并不想要做一个模范,只是想证明其它人也可以做到。
You know what I also knew about being a stay-at-home parent? 你们知道做一个全职奶爸我还有什么体会?
I knew that children needed love, but I just didn't know what love looked like. 我知道孩子们需要爱,但我只是不太懂该怎样爱。
分享到: