TED演讲:我从全职奶爸经历中学到的知识(6)
时间:2019-01-23 03:19:47
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
Start to freak out, you know what I'm saying? 有点吓到我了,你们懂我说的吗?
He was trying to
confide1 in me -- I said, "You have no idea what you're talking about." 他觉得我是他一伙的--我说,“你压根不知道自己在说些什么。”
She wakes up every morning, tired from the night before, 她每天早上从前一晚的疲惫中醒来,
baby attached to her breast, dropping this kid off at school, and taking this one to the park. 婴儿还挂在她胸口,送完这个去上学,再带另一个去公园。
Laundry piles up to the skies, he has a conversation on the phone for an hour with your mom about God knows what, 要洗的衣服堆的比天高,还要跟你妈打一小时电话讨论上帝该知道些什么,
takes the dog you wanted for a walk ... 带你想养的狗去溜达……
And nobody died, bro. She kept your kids alive all day, that's hard." 没有弄死任何东西,兄弟。她让你的孩子活过了一整天,这很困难的,好嘛。”
I have become an advocate for stay-at-home parents. 我开始为那些全职父母发声。
Why? Because finally, I was
standing2 in their shoes. 为什么呢?因为最终,我站在了他们的立场。
Because when you're standing in someone else's shoes, you see the world from a different perspective. 因为当你站在别人的立场,你会从不同的角度看待世界。
And when you start to take steps, it feels like baby steps, wobbling. 而当你开始跨出这几步,就像婴儿蹒跚学步一样。
But then they turn into
stomps3. And you start making footprints for the next generation to walk in. 但很快就像他们一样会跺脚。你就会为下一代踩出脚印。
See, we're walking on a certain path, as parents. We're all in this together. 明白了吗,作为父母我们都会走这条路径。我们都会走到一起来。
No one can deny that family is one of the biggest foundations in anyone's life. 没人会否认,家庭是我们每个人生命里最大的那块基石。
And we're all walking on this path, and we're pulling these
thickets4 out of the way, and these thorns, 我们都在这条路径上走过,我们会拨开树丛,斩除荆棘,
making it easier for the ones coming after us. 让后来者走得更轻松一点。
It turns out, parenting has a lot more to do with landscaping. And learning. More than teaching. 看起来,育儿的经验更像是景观改造。更像是学习而非教导。
And the best thing to do is to show up for class. 最重要的是要出现在那里。
Be present is what I learned as a stay-at-home dad. And let your presence be a gift. 做一个全职奶爸,我理解了陪伴的力量。让陪伴变成给孩子们的礼物。
This was me, coming home from tour one day. I thought that the father was supposed to pursue the child. 这是有一天,我从外面回来。我原来以为父亲会追着孩子跑。
But it turns out the father makes himself present. 而作为一个懂得陪伴的父亲。
And the children run after him. And that right there is a superpower. 孩子们会追随着他跑。这就是我说的超能力。
And that right there, my friends, is everything. Thank you. 朋友们,它就是我们拥有的一切。感谢你们。
分享到: