美国语文第三册 第79期:不要给我花冠(1)
时间:2018-05-03 06:08:12
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
"Will you come with us, Susan?" cried several little girls to a schoolmate. "We are going to the woods; do come, too." “苏珊,你一起来吗?”几个小女孩向她们的一位同学呼喊,“我们要去树林里,你也来吧!”
"I should like to go with you very much," replied Susan, with a sigh;"but I can not finish the task grandmother set me to do." “我很想跟你们一起去,”苏珊叹了一口气,回答道,“可是我还没完成奶奶交给我的任务。”
"How
tiresome1 it must be to stay at home to work on a holiday!" said one of the girls, with a toss of her head. "Susan's grandmother is too strict." “放假还待在家里干活儿多没劲儿啊!”其中一个女孩晃着脑袋说,“苏珊的奶奶太严厉了。”
Susan heard this remark, and, as she
bent2 her head over her task, she wiped away a tear, and thought of the pleasant afternoon the girls would spend
gathering3 wild flowers in the woods. 苏珊听到了这句评语,当她转身低头继续干活时,拭去了眼中的一滴泪水,想象着女孩们将在树林里采摘野花,度过一个愉快的下午。
Soon she said to herself, "What harm can there be in moving the mark grandmother put in the stocking?" 很快她对自己说:“把奶奶放在袜子里的标志挪用一下又能有什么害处呢?”
The woods must be very beautiful today, and how I should like to be in them! 今天树林里一定很美,而我是多么想和她们一起啊!
"Grandmother," said she, a few minutes afterwards, "I am ready, now." “奶奶,”过了几分钟之后,她说,“我做好了,就是现在。”
"What, so soon, Susan?" Her grandmother took the work, and looked at it very closely. “什么,苏珊,这么快?”奶奶接过苏珊的作品,仔细查看。
"True, Susan," said she, laying great stress on each word; "true, I count twenty turns from the mark;" “没错,苏珊,”她说,每一个字都咬得很重,“没错,我数过了,标志上有二十个圈;”
and, as you have never deceived me, you may go and amuse yourself as you like the rest of the day. 而且,因为你从来没有欺骗过我,今天剩下的时间你可以去做你喜欢做的事情了。
Susan's cheeks were
scarlet4, and she did not say, "Thank you." 苏珊的脸颊红了起来,她也没说“谢谢”。
As she left the cottage, she walked slowly away, not singing as usual. 在离开小屋的时候,她走得很慢,没有像平常那样唱着歌走开。
"Why, here is Susan!" the girls cried, when she joined their company ; “咦,苏珊来了!”苏珊加入女孩们的时候,她们高声喊了起来。
"but what is the matter? Why have you left your dear, old grandmother?" they
tauntingly5 added. “可这是怎么回事呢?你为什么离开你亲爱的老奶奶呢?”她们语带讥讽地问。
"There is nothing the matter." As Susan repeated the sewords, she felt that she was trying to deceive herself. “什么事也没有。”当苏珊重复这句话的时候,她觉得自己是在试图骗自己。
She had acted a lie. 她已经撒了一个谎。
At the same time she remembered her grandmother's words, "You have never deceived me." 同时记起了奶奶跟她说的话:“你从来没有骗过我。”
"Yes, I have deceived her," said she to herself. "If she knew all, she would never trust me again." “我骗了她,”她在心里对自己说,“如果她知道真相,肯定再也不会再信任我了。”
分享到: