《复仇》 第174期:一切都有变化的可能
时间:2019-04-16 01:53:43
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
He says you wrote him a note 他说 在他定罪前一晚
on the eve of his conviction 给他写了一张纸条
with information that would
exonerate3 him. 呈上能帮他洗脱罪名的证据
Clearly no such thing came to pass. 事实证明这是没有的事儿
So you're denying the existence of that note? 所以你否认那张纸条的存在吗
That's the end of the interview. 采访结束了
But it's only just begun. 这才刚刚开始
David Clarke's obviously using you 大卫·克拉克明显是在利用你
in a desperate attempt to launch some sort of appeal. 只为获得上诉做最后一搏
And that's something any reporter worth his salt 称职的记者都该
would recognize immediately. 马上识破这个计谋
We'll have no part of it. 我们不会参与此事
As you wish. 随便你们
But I'm going to write this story 不管你们接不接受采访
with or without your
input5. 我都会发表这个故事
Feel free to sue me. 尽管起诉我吧
My only asset is an answering machine 我的唯一财产就是一部答录机
brimming over with livid messages from my
creditors6. 里面全是债主的咆哮体留言
You see, I have nothing to lose, Mr. and Mrs. Grayson. 正如所见 我一无所有 格雷森先生夫人
While you, it would appear, have plenty. 而看上去你们坐拥甚多
Just a moment, Mr. Treadwell. 等等 特德韦尔先生
Perhaps there is an arrangement that can be made after all. 或许还有其他可行的方案
分享到: