《复仇》 第293期:未婚妻是家人
时间:2019-04-18 02:47:09
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
We already know what Declan Porter's going to say-- 我们已经知道德克兰·波特会称
That there was no one else on the beach that night. 当晚海滩上没有其他人
Which is a lie. 他在说谎
Unfortunately, you were under the influence 不幸的是 由于你当时服用了处方药
Which means, we can't put you on the stand 因此我们无法让你出庭
I do have an expert who will testify 我找了一位专家
that the blood spatter on Daniel's jacket 对丹尼尔外套做了血溅分析
Shows no evidence he dragged Tyler's body 没有迹象表明 他将泰勒的尸体
over 30 yards up the beach. 往沙滩上拖了30码
Which means someone else must have. 这表明犯案者另有其人
We just need to get the jury to see it that way. 我们得让陪审团也认同这点
But before we create reasonable doubt, 但在提出合理的犯罪嫌疑人前
we have to paint Daniel as sympathetic, 我们得让丹尼尔博取同情
which is why I've
decided3 to open my argument 所以我决定让艾米莉
by putting 作为辩方证人
Emily on the stand. 第一个出庭作证
Emily? 艾米莉
Are you sure that's a good idea? 你确定这样做好吗
this is an enormous responsibility. 此事责任重大
Emily isn't even family yet. 艾米莉甚至还不是我们家的成员
She's Daniel's fiancee, 她是丹尼尔的未婚妻
supporting him by choice, not obligation. 自愿给予他支持 而非义务所迫
It's your job to appear caring, accessible, 你要表现出关心和体谅
to articulate for the jury all the reasons 向陪审团展现出
you fell in love with Daniel 你深爱丹尼尔的所有理由
so they will, too. 他们会感同身受的
Well, explaining all the reasons why I love Daniel 阐述爱丹尼尔的理由
Shouldn't be difficult. 那应该不难
Good, because
forensic5 evidence is not on our side. 那就好 因为庭堂证供对我们不利
We're going to have to build an emotional connection 我们必须要在陪审团和丹尼尔之间
between the jury and Daniel. 建立情感上的共鸣
You're talking as if 你说得好像
they've already made up their mind against him. 陪审团已经铁了心要对他不利了
Some of them may have. 有些人可能还真是
Juror number three-- Ann Woodbury--for instance. 比如 三号陪审员 安·伍德伯里
But based on her physical reactions 但根据她听完控方证据后
To the prosecution's evidence, 身体做出的反应
it's likely she'll vote to convict. 她很可能会投有罪票
If I can't at least plant reasonable doubt in her mind, 如果我不能让她信服这案子有合理的疑点
we might as well have taken the murder to deal. 那我们还不如当时就庭外认罪和解
分享到: