TED演讲:给阿富汗人带来心灵宁静(4)
时间:2018-10-22 01:51:01
搜索关注在线英语听力室公众号:tingroom,领取免费英语资料大礼包。
(单词翻译)
So everybody needs a sense for the future, and the Afghan sense of the future is shattered. 所以每一个人都要心系未来。阿富汗人未来的观念是非常弱的。
But let me repeat the words of the woman. 但是让我重复一遍那位女士的话。
"Because you have felt me, I can feel myself again." “因为你说出了我的感受,我重新找回了自己。”
So the key here is empathy. Somebody has to be a witness to what has happened to you. 所以关键是共享情绪。需要有人目睹你所经历的。
Somebody has to feel how you felt. And somebody has to see you and listen to you. 需要有人体会你的感受。需要有人关注你,倾听你。
Everybody must be able to know what he or she has experienced is true, and this only goes with another person. 每个人都必须知道,发生在他们身上的事情已经发生了。在别人身上也有可能发生。
So everybody must be able to say, "This happened to me, and it did this with me, 每个人都要能够说,“这件事确实发生了,它对我造成了影响,
but I'm able to live with it, to cope with it, and to learn from it. 但是我可以和它和平共处,我能够处理好它,并且从中学习,
And I want to engage myself in the bright future for my children and the children of my children, 我想为我的孩子打造一个光明的前程,以及我孩子的孩子,
and I will not marry-off my 13 year-old daughter," -- what happens too often in Afghanistan. 我不会把13的女儿嫁出去。”这种事情在阿富汗经常发生。
So something can be done, even in such extreme environments as Afghanistan. 所以我们能够做一些事情,即使在阿富汗这样极端的环境中也是可以做的。
And I started thinking about a counseling program. 我开始设想开展一个咨询项目。
But, of course, I needed help and funds. 当然我需要助手和资金。
And one evening, I was sitting next to a very nice gentleman in Kabul, and he asked what I thought would be good in Afghanistan. 一天晚上,在喀布尔,当我坐在一位善良的绅士旁边时,他问我,你认为什么对阿富汗最有帮助。
And I explained to him quickly, I would train psycho-social
counselors1, I would open centers, and I explained to him why. 我飞快地向他讲,我想培训心理社会咨询师,我想开办培训中心,然后我向他解释了为什么产生这种想法。
This man gave me his contact details at the end of the evening and said, "If you want to do this, call me." 就在那个晚上那位先生给了我他的联系方式并且说,“如果你决定开始做,请打我的电话。”
At that time, it was the head of Caritas Germany. 当时,他是慈善德国的负责人。
分享到: